When a medical emergency strikes, you deserve fast and efficient care close to home. At JFK Memorial's Emergency Department, you will receive expert and compassionate care from highly trained professionals. Our team of emergency health professionals provide high quality care in treating a wide range of conditions from broken bones to life threatening injury or illness.
The Emergency Department physicians and nurses work in cooperation to provide the highest quality of care to the more than 45,000 patients who use our services each year.
JFK Memorial Hospital, a 145 bed acute hospital, has been providing medical care to residents in the Central/East Coachella Valley since 1966. JFK Memorial Hospital is fully accredited by The Joint Commission, the nation's oldest and largest hospital accreditation agency.
For more on recent awards and distinctions.
ATTENTION PATIENTS AND VISITORS FOR YOUR SAFETY, FOR THE SWINE FLU
· WHEN SIGNING IN, IMMEDIATELY REPORT RESPIRATORY SYMPTOMS SUCH AS COUGH, SORE THROAT, NASAL CONGESTION OR SHORTNESS OF BREATH.
· FOLLOW THE COVER YOUR COUGH SIGNAGE.
· COVER YOUR COUGH/SNEEZE WITH A MASK.
· IF YOU DO NOT HAVE A MASK, USE A TISSUE OR YOUR SLEEVE.
· WASH HANDS FREQUENTLY
· MAY BE ASKED TO SIT IN A DESIGNATED WAITING AREA.
· PLEASE DO NOT VISIT IF YOU ARE SICK OR HAVE HAD A RECENT EXPOSURE TO SOMEONE WITH THE FLU.
· PRACTICE FREQUENT HAND WASHING WHILE IN THE FACILITY.
· COVER YOUR COUGH/SNEEZE WITH A TISSUE.
Clicking here will allow you to download Guidelines For Treating Possible Swine Flu
Anaphylaxis is a severe reaction that involves the entire body. It develops within minutes or even seconds after initial exposure to an allergen, such as an insect bite or sting, horse serum used in some vaccines, food or drug. Symptoms include difficulty breathing, swelling of the face, abdominal pain, vomiting, slurred speech, confusion, hives, rapid or weak pulse, fainting, palpitations, diarrhea, nasal congestion and cough. Anaphylaxis requires immediate professional medical attention.
Management of Food Allergies will assist to keep you or your loved one out of the Emergency Department.
Terms And Conditions
Notice of Privacy Practices
47111 Monroe St, Indio, CA 92201 | 760-347-6191
© 2002-2013 JFK Memorial Hospital, Inc., All Rights Reserved.